Friday, May 14, 2010

Why I like My Job #5--Entirely Selfish

My job is essentially an office job. I have a desk in a big shared room with a staff of brilliant friendly people. Which is good. . . but not unlike lots of other jobs.

But sometimes my job requires that I go to Second City to see the young people in Columbia's Comedy Studies program perform. And then Jason--a gent from Second City I have the pleasure to work with--brings me drinks that look like this:


It's Sprite. . . but the ridiculous amount of garnish elevates it to Funny Sprite. Jason works at S.C. He's a professional.

And sometimes my job requires me to eat an amazing meal and socialize with other professionals and then go to see things like this:


Buddy Guy singing live at Buddy Guy's.


And today is Manifest. . . eat your heart out.

No comments: