Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Well Spent

Last Saturday, D and I spent our time in the city--Artopolis at the Merchandise Mart first. Our grad intern was in the grad portion of the show--go Leilani! Not a single thing within our price range as far as the eye could see, but a lot of gorgeous art and antiques. . . I even breathed right on a Miro painting. Weird and fabulous.

This was my favorite painting of the thousands there:


Made me wish I had some big awesome, wide open modern home to hang it in.


Puppet Bike right outside the Merch Mart. A super fancy, bejeweled woman stopped Dan and me and thanked us for being delighted by the puppet show. I guess where she works in fancy town, everyone is too high brow to appreciate puppet animals dancing to old blues and jazz favorites. how sad for those people. . .


Absolutely terrifying. Right? Am I wrong? This is a bronze sculpture of Ronald McDonald outside of Rock'n'Roll McDonald's. How does this not scare children away?

A quick hot dog stop, more walk through the city, a stop at P.O.S.H and then up north to meet friends for dinner in Andersonville.

If you live in Chicago and you've never had Reza's baked feta cheese. . . you're crazy. Go there tonight. They're still open. Eat it. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: