Monday, May 10, 2010

Why I like my job #1 and #2

So, this week at Columbia College Chicago ends in Manifest on Friday and Graduation on Saturday and Sunday. It's the best week of the year on campus.

My job is hard. Tons of work and not enough hours in the day to do it all. This is true of the work of nearly all of my colleagues as well. But it's good work. Interesting work. And it's all for a place filled with creativity and the ability to change on a dime and a spirit of innovation and a love of the arts.

So, this week, I'm going to try to post a number of cool things about the college in celebration of this exciting week and the fact that while I undoubtedly give a lot of my time to Columbia. . . it certainly gives right back.

Reason #1:
Columbia got a new dorm. . .
And it has a graffiti floor for the Residents to tag at will.



Columbia graffiti wouldn't be complete without a (don't fret.).


Reason #1.1:
The students are funny.

Reason #1.2:
The students are serious and aware and accepting.
(Thanks, Miss Just, specifically for this one)

Reason #2:
When the professionals at the college decide to decorate the walls, they do work like this:


No comments: