Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why I Like My Job #3

A neighborhood marketing effort for Manifest has been underway for probably the past month. A troupe of Manifest hooligans--in trench coats, blue and yelow vests and bowler hats--have been performing hijinks around campus. Playing games on the street, dancing, serving breakfast cereal from their handy suitcases to students and passersby. General shenanigans.

Yesterday, I caught them inflating a giant beach ball. For what? You might ask.

To play in Grant Park, of course.



I think they caught me taking photos. . .

But what's cool about this, personally, is that I work for a place that markets themselves weirdly, creatively, through play. And these kids are paid student workers.

They may never have a job as cool as this again. . .

1 comment:

K.C. Frost said...

Ironically, this was my Facebook status on the same day for the same reasons. Those students performed a card trick for me where the card ended up in my hand. I wish I understood how that worked...