Monday, December 14, 2009

Zoo Lights

Dan and I decided that a good way to work some of the kinks out of my back (there's been some tragic back pain lately. . . but I'm on the mend. Sincerely) was to soak up some Christmas cheer at the Lincoln Park Zoo Light extravaganza. We soaked up cheer. I got exercise. We ate hot soft pretzels and cocoa and looked at some monkeys. It was a good night.


And Dan has begun his traditional thug-disapproval pose in front of all things cute and Christmasy. It's all for show. He loves the season. But it's so preposterous--this pose for photos at Christmas time--and it makes me laugh and laugh and laugh--which I'm thinking may really be why he does it. Last year, he posed this way in front of such things as a giant blow-up Clifford the Big Red Dog, a redonkulously cute installation of anime panda bear statues and a live nativity creche. Seriously, I know it's weird that I think it's so funny, but I come close to messing myself everytime.

No comments: