Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today Looked Like Spring

It didn't really feel like it, because it's still chilly out, but skies were blue, the sun was shining, there are buds on the trees and spinach is growing in the cold frame in the backyard.

It's such great news. I need spring to get here as quickly as possible.

In the interest of speeding it along. I worked on spring projects and dreamed of the house I would want to live in if it was spring already (and if cost or heating and cooling and my own need for privacy were no object).

First the house. . .

Brought to you by Japanese architectural design company, Suppose Design Office. And my favorite, by far, is the house in Buzen, especially in spring when the light is so changeable at the end of the day. How great would it be to get to enjoy that light pouring in through your glass ceilings between your cozy boxed up vanilla ice cream lit rooms?

Check out the Suppose Design Office website and look at the rest of their homes. They're all Modern (with a capital M--and Minimalist with a capital as well) and filled with light. The SDO also features highchairs or rocking horses or children's toys somewhere within a shot in every home--despite almost all of the designs featuring odd bi-level builds with no railings or fall-prohibiting structures at the edge of one story tall precipices in, say, living rooms or bedrooms.

Besides this gorgeous one story Buzen house, the rest seem like resplendently gorgeous parental nightmares.

But even without a glass ceiling, the view from my front porch today was perfectly lovely:


And inside I was making delightful small and/or springy things.




1 comment:

Jen said...

I just wanted to stop by to tell you that I love your Etsy shop :)

www.hautewhimsy.com