Saturday, March 13, 2010

NYC Day 4: Last Long Walk


Our last day, wedding over, guests all leaving, we had a flight out at 4. So, we checked our bags at the hotel and went for our last long Manhattan walk of the trip. The last time I visited, NYC was overwhelming and while I had fun, I was also pretty glad to leave. But this time, walking through the city--from the East Village over to NYU campus, Washington Square and up to the Flat Iron building on Fifth--I could tell I was going to miss it this go around.


Our lovely hotel--the Cooper Square Hotel.


We had breakfast at the Moonstruck Cafe. I like their mugs and their coffee (and sadly, nothing else).


Just liked this sign. So, cute. It was a little Asian bakery and grocery right next to St. Mark's books.



A shop window on Fifth Avenue was filled with robots made out of discarded hardware and industrial parts--made by Bennett Robot Works. I pretty much wanted all of them, but here are my favorites.









New York was magical. I understood this visit why people fall in love with the city. I didn't want to leave. . . but I couldn't afford to stay. Dan and I had a marvelous time and were bone tired by the time we boarded the plane. The last time I felt that level of happy exhaustion was when we spent a week in Acadia National Park in Maine.


headed home again.

No comments: