Sunday, March 7, 2010

NYC Day 3: Downtown, Chinatown and the East Village


Our third day in NYC was Mitra's wedding day, but not until later in the evening, so we hopped on the train and took it to the end of the line into Downtown and walked back to our hotel in the East Village via Chinatown.




The last time I was in Chinatown, I think Mitra just took me for a skim through the top of the neighborhood. I had no idea New York's Chinatown was so massive. We walked and walked and walked and thought we would never come to the end of it. But so many great sights in the way.




All crazy cute except that final red-eyed crazed piglet. Why the red eyes?








This picture is for Dan, who loved that we saw "Mr. T" on our travels.



If you know my Dan, this is what he does to make me laugh. I can't explain why I think it's so funny. But he finds the cutest thing he can find and then poses next to it as apathetically as possible. Ridiculous.


So, I feel like I found two dream apartments/homes right next to each other in the East Village. One is on the left--the modern house plunked down on the top of a four flat. The other is on the right and looks French to me--the 4 huge windows running the length of the apartment. I'm hoping inside, it's a loft space filled with mirrors and reflected light.




My handsome husband in the cafe where we took a break from walking to warm up. And before we split up--him to haunt record shops, me to hang out with the bride while she got ready for the big event.

No comments: