Sunday, May 31, 2009

Freddy's

There are a few downsides to where we live (note my last post and L.P.'s downward spiral into gangland tagging), but there are so many little upsides, that we hardly even notice. The Oak Park Farmer's market so close by. The Lake movie theater. Our cute little backyard. Still being close to the Blue Line on the CTA. And Freddy's--a tiny Italian market/restaurant/gelateria--within walking distance of our house.

Located on 16th and 61st Ave., Freddy's has changed some of my cooking habits--probably for the slightly less healthy, though also for the significantly more tasty--and they've ruined me for ice cream. Their gelato and their ices are amazing. . . best in town.

Yesterday Dan and I went for a walk with the L.Pster and on the way, stopped at Freddy's for little ices. Dan had Chocolate and I had Lemon. . . and how did they make the Chocolate taste so creamy?!?!?

They're Magicians.

No comments: