Sunday, May 17, 2009

Best Friend's Wedding

So, I have formally stopped rating or ranking weddings I have attended. As it turns out, I have amazing friends, strange and unique friends, friends who are more concerned about spending the rest of their lives with their partners than with planning the perfect party. . . and as a result, every wedding I have been to in the last 6 years (including my own and my brother's) have been very personal, very unsual and very beautiful. Each incredibly different.

But Jess's wedding last weekend was extraordinary--right up there with all of the other fab weddings (shout out to Al and Hale in Savannah and Salida respectively) I've been to of late. But her wedding (or not-a-wedding as she calls it since the State of Illinois doesn't recognize her love or formal commitment in a legal way yet) included a level of vulnerability in the room that I've never seen before--she and Jet were surrounded by love and generosity and warmth. And Kawika dancing for them to "In My Life" by the Beatles? Blurg. Not a dry eye in the house.

Here's where they got married:


Stan Mansion


posh.

No comments: