Saturday, May 2, 2009

Duggan Redux

I should have posted this a while back. . . but Rachal Duggan is an amazing designer/illustrator whose illustrations were recently chosen for all of the print pieces and media releases for Columbia College Chicago's Manifest. Remember this story? I posted about her a month or two ago?

Anyway, I loved her illustrations so much that I crocheted a 3-D version of one of her little nun-ladies for a pal at Columbia who does loads of work on Manifest. That got me an intro to Rachal and then I made one for her, too. We're total strangers and I think it struck her as weird that I was willing to make something for her with no payment.

So, she got me back, sending me an illustration through campus mail as a thank you. It made my whole week and I've already framed it and made it part of the growing salon hanging in my office.

Thank you, Rachal!

Here's the illustration (and this should happen more often artsy people. we should still work to sell our art, but we should gift it, too, and see what wonders the world sends back to us in return):


No comments: