Friday, March 20, 2009

The undeniable draw of sets and multiples

I have been trying hard to tidy my office and keep it that way.  So far, it's not going well.  It seems counter to my nature.  I love the broad expanse of open clean desk, but usually fill it within days with loads of yarn and fabric and piles of schtuff.

But I want my office to be cooler, too.  I want it to cross the line between office and studio.  I want people to walk into it and say, "oh gosh, you're studio is cool."  Sure, I want the compliment, but I want the most important word in that sentence is "studio."  Why should it even matter?  What people think?  When it gets done-er, I will share pictures here.

In the meantime, I'm dressing my walls salon style.  Loads of art all smooshed together.  And there are a few folks on Etsy who have been inspiring me in that endeavor.  Mummysam (who I am sharing Poppytalk Handmade with right now. . . so flattering to be in such great company!) :

original wall hanging..milk jugs

and Neawear's amazing wall wear:

Leaf Wall Wear - Vintage Metal Frame

I love pretty/quirky sets of things for walls right now. . . especially if everything is a different size and shape.  Urging towards eclectic these days. . . 

No comments: