Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rachal Duggan Tribute


So, clearly I am a big fan of the illustration for Columbia's Manifest print piece. I've also seen the designs for the t-shirts. . . I think the senior T-shirt has one of the strange Duggan ladies, covered in a leaf pattern carrying a log. It's incredibly weird and incredibly beautiful and somehow I will find a way to get one, despite not being a graduating senior.

But one of the things I also love about Rachal Duggan's Manifest work is the simplicity of the design. Really easy shapes to make into three dimensional objects and if Rachal agrees, i think we need to make these little critters into a 3-dimensional presence, all over campus, on the actual day. To prove my point, I have made a 3-D version of one of the little guys from the postcard as a gift for Rachal.

No comments: