Sunday, May 15, 2011

Manifest


Such a great day that I will have to divide it up across a few posts. Early morning, just bouncing around watching prep for the big festival, watching the crowds build, catching a quick coffee and danish with my professional photographer until kick off at noon.

Below is Maggie Sichter (please, someone, if I am wrong about this, please correct me, but I'm 98% sure it's her). Maggie is the young woman who was chosen to do all of the print design for this year's Manifest. She proposed an initial idea. The campus voted and chose her vision. And then she worked with the in-house graphic design office to spin the idea out into multiple posters, printed invitations, giant banners, pins, magnets, t-shirts. It's an honor, and a lot of work and Maggie did an amazing job--right down to hand branding the windows of 623 S. Wabash the morning of. . .


Once done painting, she hung paint soaked silk panels to finish the design. She's just ridiculously talented, Ms. Sichter.


This next pic. . . Who are you lacey-legged, bird-feathered hat, blue-haired cutie sitting outside the IAM Bitmap show? Do I or do I not see you at every Manifest? Should I know your name? Please, say hello to me one of these days and clear up the mystery. . .


To my great delight, one of the first speakers at kick-off was CeCe--a young woman who I met first in the Behind the Curtains class of High School Summer Institute. I think she may be one of my very first graduates from HSSI. I believe she participated the first year I was in charge of it and she just graduated from college this weekend. I'm so thrilled proud of her. . .

No comments: