Sunday, May 15, 2011

Comedy Studies

This past Tuesday, Dan went with me to kick off a little early Manifest fun.

Columbia has been running the leading "study abroad" program in ensemble improv comedy training on site at the Second City, taught by their gifted training faculty and called "Comedy Studies." As a capstone project of the semester-long program, the students put on two nights of shows for friends, family and the public on Second City's ETC Stage.

I've tried to make it to most of the final performances. I missed them for the first few years, but have been going every semester since. . . because the Comedy Studies students are ridiculously funny. Their work is savvy and smart and witty and a little vulgar (which I love, because they're not just making me laugh. . . their parents are there, too).

My favorite piece this year, was a song called "Ambiguously Asian."



And every year, Jason who works for the Second City and the program brings me a ridiculous drink. I do a little paperwork for the program and it's incredibly nice for Jason to reward me with far too much garnish.

No comments: