Sunday, May 15, 2011

Manifest 2

At the kick-off, students competed for $500 in a hack-your-t-shirt competition. I hack my t-shirt every year, and I like to think that I inspired this. . .


Theatre students at the start of what can only be called the prettiest and most joyfullest kick-off to Manifest in its ten year history.


This was my favorite piece in the Book and Paper Arts gallery. . . A gorgeous handmade map of the world made of handmade paper. . .


The PGA (Please Generate Art) a "putt-putt golf course" built by Columbia Graduate Students. I think I hit a ball once and the rest was more like an art/golf course-themed maze. . . like a haunted house, but not scary? It was great. Giant rats, trees filled with legs, a room teeming with dancers, wrapping up in a tea party and a chance to add to a giant painting. It was funny and clever and well put together.




No comments: