Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Very Brilliant Hollie Chastain

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.207156677.jpg

I had a great Christmas--wonderful time with family, nice to be out of town, and I received more than my fair share of amazing gifts. But one of my very favorite-est gifts has to be Hollie Chastain's print, "Something We Shouldn't Be Doing."

My sister gave it to me. . . and unlike most of the art I buy or am given that languishes in a pile for a year before I get it into a frame and hung on a wall, this one was framed right away--beneath a gorgeous deep grayish brown mat. I swear it glows. It makes you stop and think about years ago. It makes you dig deep down into your memory and dig up warm and nostalgic impulses. It's a joy to have in my home.

Check out the very brilliant Hollie Chastain's work in her etsy shop, and treat yourself to one of her prints. You'll be thrilled that you did.

No comments: