Saturday, January 8, 2011

http://oneread.dbrl.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/cover/Await-Reply-200.jpg
First book of the new year completed. I never took a class with Chaon, but I was lucky enough to be at Ohio University while he was there. I would hang out with him and my buddies from the MA/PhD Creative Writing program at Casa Cantina. I probably never spoke to him, but I listened to his stories.

Loved loved loved Await Your Reply and highly recommend it for either fans of pulp fiction or literature--it's a brilliant merging of the two. A little violent. A little heartbreaking. And it lingered with me for days, making me think about all of the lives I could have had had I made different choices. Check it. . .and if you like it, immediately get You Remind Me of Me next. YRMoM is easily on my top ten books of all time.

No comments: