Monday, September 13, 2010

Tiny Mum



I've prepped a bunch of embroidery canvasses for my impending vacation to the beach--where I will craft up a storm. But I don't want to start on them, but also kind of do--like when you were a kid and your mom bought you a new book or a new tape cassette or a new magazine to keep you occupied on vacation and you weren't allowed to have it until you were buckled into the car and had left the city limits. You both wanted to get your hands on it and also didn't want to--anticipation was king.

So, I'm holding off, but in the meantime, I knocked off this simpler piece just to satisfy the embroidery bug. . . because I'm not a kid any more and I can do what I like. :) Plus, it's the season of the mum and we should celebrate it, no? Fall's last flower.

Hope everyone had good vacations this year. . . I'm counting the seconds until mine.

No comments: