Monday, September 27, 2010

Beachcombing

So, it looks like a fair amount of rain is in the cards for this first week of vacation. But it's the beach, so the rain comes and goes and there are periods of lovely sunny weather. And so far, during the day, the rain has been light and gentle. Yesterday, for example, I went to the pool to get in a workout session and it rained half the time I was there and no big deal.

But yesterday, we all got out to the beach late in the day for sitting and reading and I even took a little walk down the beach. .. and here are the things that caught my eye:


Dan swims!


I have been a big fan of ghost crabs since I was a tot in Pensacola, Florida. They're crabs without all of the pinching because they're too wee to do any harm.

Rain storms, at the very least, bring really impressive skies. Getting to see this keeps me from holding a grudge for too long.

3 comments:

Alex Houston said...

Beautiful photos, Yma....what kind of camera are you using??

Amy E Stewart said...

Hey Buddy,

Thanks! I took those pics with a stupidly expensive Jaapanese toy camera called a Harinezumi 2. It's a digital camera but it takes photos meant to mimic 110 film and it takes video meant to mimic 8mm.

Essentially, it takes pictures that look like our childhood--kind of dreamy and either mainly blue or green tinted. But I also took the crab pic, so it does decent tight focus. . . that little guy was 2 inches across tops, so I was right on top of him.

Alex Houston said...

Hmmmm....might need one of those toys! :) Hope it's finally stopped raining for you. Love the frog picture too. Hi to everyone!