Saturday, August 29, 2009

Quilting

I haven't quilted in quite some time. At the start of Dan and me, still a student, that was my most frequent gift to people. Dan bought the material and I made the quilt, so both of us were involved in the gift being given. That was years and years ago, though. . .

But I've been reading Jennifer Murray's blog, "and other silly things in the studio," and she made the sweetest baby quilt out of quilt squares with circles in the middle of them. She was even so kind as to include pattern drawings so the rest of us could have one, too. Mine, however, will be slightly larger than queen -ized.

I'm well underway, but, of course, as is always the case with quilting, I have a long way to go.


When I make quilts, Dan always gets to pick one of the fabrics. He picked two this time, but the one below cracks me up. We found it at the Needle Shop in Bucktown.

No comments: