Saturday, July 18, 2009

Matte Stephens

Today, I am loving Matte Stephens' art on Etsy in his matteart shop.


I love Modernism as a sensibility. I love Eames and Herman Miller . I love those big glass box homes in LA that cling to the side of the hills (such a weird choice for the land of earthquakes and landslides. . . but maybe that kind of oblivious, naive hopefulness is part of their charm). I love the idea of making the color turquoise a part of decorating. I love low slender boxy couches, open space, sunken living rooms.


So, I also love Matte Stephens.


Edwin and Rosemary upon arriving at Yosemite for their honeymoon were lucky enough to spot a rare green friendly soft tooth bear, 1927.



Edwin and Rosemary upon arriving at Yosimite for their honeymoon were lucky enough to spot a rare green friendly soft tooth bear, 1927.  PRINT of anoriginal painting


Sigmund Abernathy taking a ride through Central Park On Thunder Bolt On his first Trip to the United States


Sigmund Abernathy taking a ride through Central Park On Thunder Bolt On his first Trip to the United States 16x20 print

the giant suburban bear monster

the giant suburban bear monster large print


No comments: