Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Surprise


Saw the Puppet Bike of Chicago last night before dinner with my man and friends at Reza's up on North Clark. I've seen him plenty of times downtown. . . usually somewhere near the Art Institute. But we haven't been back to the old neighborhood for a while, so we weren't expecting him there.

Nice to see a bunny and a dog dancing to big band swing in a nostlagic blue light, unexpectedly. The cold has been trapping us at home and the snow is going nowhere, so seeing anything unexpected is surprisingly powerful.

The pup and bun made me laugh and laugh and laugh--on a day when I was crabby crabby crabby--and D leaned over and said in response to my laughing, "You're easy."

And he's right. Yah to the Puppet Bike for raising my spirits mid-Winter.

No comments: