Wednesday, February 4, 2009

fun all around me

Something is afoot in Grant Park right across the street from where I work. . . something fun. Last week, a snow machine was making a humongoid pile of snow. I thought maybe it was for a movie, and between you and me, I was hoping for it to be a weather disaster film in Chicago (NYC always gets to get destroyed on the big screen, but Chicago, when it does get smacked around by mother nature usually only does so on the small screen. And I'm jealous on behalf of my town).

But today, a crew has put up a tent and they're digging up the manufactured snow and packing it into a giant metal form to create a long row of snow/ice boxes. Makes me want to sneak in in the thick of the night (you know, if I weren't such a wuss in the cold) and carve up one of those boxes into something splendid.

Pictures later, when more snow boxes go up.

No comments: