Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kneadlessly Simple. And How!

Two weeks ago, I bought Nancy Baggett's new bread cookbook, Kneadlessly Simple.  And it's excellent.  I don't have an aversion to kneading, per se, but I've always been terrible at cooking bread (and my mother is ashamed, no doubt, of this weakness).  So, I thought it couldn't hurt to try a different process.

Well, I've made two loaves of Baggett's bread and it's amazing.  Easy to make, nearly no work at all, just mixing ingredients and waiting for a day or two for it to knead itself.  And the bonus is that in that time, it seems to begin to ferment or something?  And you wind up with artisan looking and tasting bread.  So, Yummy.

Here's tonight's loaf as proof--a beautiful brown domed loaf.


Seems the secret to getting good bread out of my kitchen is to remove me as much from the process as possible.  Strangely enough, the same is true of rice and my kitchen as well.

No comments: