Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Little Catch Up

On the same night I took a photo of the AIC lions wearing Hawks Hockey Helmets, I met up with D to see a concert in the park, eat a picnic dinner, and then walk down Michigan Ave. back to the car. It was a perfect evening. Beautiful weather.

The free concert in Millennium Park was Tinariwen--haunting lovely music echoing into the city and we lucked out and were sitting right behind the cutest, dancenest African family of teeny tiny rhythmic cuties. Two free shows!


After the show, we took quick advantage of the Bean and the fountain and paused for a few minutes to watch couples tango in Grant Park, right across from my office as part of the Chicago SummerDance series.



Our city is really beautiful. . . and on summer nights, maybe a little European. I don't know how I could ever move away.

No comments: