Sunday, February 19, 2012


I couldn't stop being domestic today if I tried. I made and froze the filling for butternut squash ravioli. . . ran out of steam before making the pasta, because I had already made homemade chicken potpies (from scratch) and prep-cheffed out for stir fry later in the day.

I cleaned the bathroom. I cleaned the kitchen. I mopped the floor.

But back to that butternut squash. I have made butternut squash soup about 8 times in the last 3 years. That means that I have cleaned about 18-20 of these bad boys--carving and peeling off the tough outside skin and then chopping the squash up into small pieces to then boil in stock to soften. What was I thinking?

The squash pictured above was rubbed with olive oil all over and then brown sugar on the cut faces of the squash and then I baked it in the oven at 375 degrees for an hour with the cut-side down on the cookie. when I took it out, the flesh just scooped right out. Tender. Sweet. AND NEXT TO NO WORK AT ALL!!!!! It was amazing.

Nom nom nom.

No comments: